WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Special Guests Invincible and Waajeed

I absolutely enjoyed being able to talk to real underground artists in class the other day. You can really tell that Waajeed and Invincible really respect their craft and for those reasons I respect them.

One point I found really interesting was the MTV incident. I think it's very unfair that they refused to play her song on the air beacuse of its "suicidal undertones" when we see clear messages in mainstream artists all the time. People like Eminem, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga whole music videos point to death and sometimes the song has nothing to do with it. But Invicible's song actually had meaning behind it and was somewhat of a outcry for the people in her community that have had to deal with someone close to them attempt or commit suicide.

Also, I looked Waajeed up on Wikipedia and he has a really successful background in music and I would have never known. Sometimes its better to be behind the scenes successful than in the spotlight all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment